Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cooking customary Cuban Food

Cooking Cuban Black Beans

[b]Food[/b]

In 2007 my house was ultimately reunited after a long separation. As the older female I was cooking former Cuban Food. Dream my surprise when my grandson's wife said "Do you know that a lot of your recipes are very favorite in Canada?"

Of policy I was very surprise, since I have never visited Canada. She continue to explained that my grandson had given her one of two of my recipes, and that she in turn gave the recipes to her mother, who passed the recipes to her house and friends.

As I was remembering this day. I decided why not share some of my recipes with my Squidoo friends.

My first recipe is for Black Beans Cuban style.

What you will need:

1 bag of dried black beans
1 Large Onion
1 Green Pepper
2 garlic cloves
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper elective
1 teaspoon of sugar

Soak the dried beans overnight or at least a merge of hours before cooking.
Wash and Rinse the beans drain the soaking water.

Start cooking the beans with 4 cups of water at high heat until it starts boiling and then cut to med heat.

Cook the beans for about 45 minutes or until soft.

Cut or chop the onion and the green pepper and the garlic.

Saute onions, garlic and green peppers with 2 tablespoons Olive Oil

Add salt and Pepper to taste. ( the former black beans are a itsybitsy heavy on black pepper)

My fathers recipes added one teaspoon of white sugar to the mix (optional)

After the initial 45 minutes of cooking the water should have decreased and the beans should be soft add the sauted onions, green pepper, garlic and salt and pepper.

Cook on med low for about 25 to 30 minutes and the Black beans should be ready now.

Tips:
When you first start to cook black beans you may find that the soup has not thicken, there 2 ways to remedy this problem.

Add about a 1/4 cup of instant mash potatoes to the beans and stir till thicken, or use one tablespoon of corn starch whether one of this methods should to the trick nicely. As a soup, place black beans in a bowl and add a side of the following: Finely chopped onions or scallions, and extra olive oil (Virgin and cold press is best) some glutton bistro also offer a side of sour cream. How to serve Black Beans.

You may also puree the black beans on a blender and serve with the above side dishes.

The former way of serving black beans Cuban style is to serve the beans with whether a side dish of white rice or over white rice.

A former Cuban meal consist of Black beans, white rice, beef, chicken or pork. The other former side dishes are fried plantains.
tostones or Yuca.

Till we meet again with other one of my recipes. Happy eating.

Cooking customary Cuban Food

No comments:

Post a Comment